Vacancy Business Development Manager – Namur
For the world leader in development and manufacturing of high-quality optical products, we are looking for a Business Development Manager. Innovation is paramount within the organisation, and this is reflected in various aspects. They develop their own technologies and have their own measuring methods, and the products they make are innovative and help people see the world as it was meant to be seen again. Due to the precision and passion with which they develop custom-made optics, they will continue to grow further and further.
As a Business Development Manager, the goal of your role is exploiting the potential of the market in Belgium and Luxembourg, where you will focus mainly on the French speaking areas. This will include further development of existing clients, new business development, improving the positioning of the company in the market, and providing training to external clients and partners. Next to that, you will play an essential role in creating insights and prioritising and targeting relevant business opportunities by developing and executing business plans and strategies to add value to the customer journey and increase revenues in your market.
World-class quality and service play an important part in the sales process, and therefore you will be trained to gain more clinical and technical knowledge on your products, the market, the product strategies, and the commercial position of the company, with the goal to better assist customers and gain more understanding in their needs. Not only will you be involved in selling the products, but also thinking along with the customer how they can improve their sales and marketing through analytics, market tools, and other ways of approaching their customers. Thinking in terms of win-win is the mindset that fits best in this role.
A large dose of enthusiasm and proactivity is required for this role. It is important to have strong communication skills and to perform sales with honesty and integrity.
Next to that, we are looking for the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a commercial and/or related field
- Three or more years of direct sales experience in the Medical Devices, OTC, Consumer Healthcare, or a similar medical/healthcare environment
- Experience in the vision/eye care industry is a big plus
- Demonstrable experience in defining and achieving sales results through customer business planning, insights to action, consultative selling, negotiation or category leadership
- Proven track record of successfully launching and executing territory sales plan initiatives
- Fluency in French, English, and preferably in Dutch
- Extensive travel within territory and occasional international travel
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Besides working for a rapidly growing organisation, the company offers you:
- Expected gross salary range of €3,800.- to €5,500.- depending on experience and seniority
- Annual bonus potential of 20%
- 30 holidays
- Lease car
- Defined benefit pension scheme and insurances
- Active engagement in your personal and professional development plans and opportunities
- Informal work environment with enthusiastic and driven colleagues
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Consultant | Medical Technology & Healthcare
+31 6 13 94 40 82
+31 23 754 86 60