Vacancy Chief Commercial Officer – Belgium
30 MAY ’22: For Ovizio Imaging Systems a dynamic company with 25 passionate professionals, we are looking for a Chief Commercial Officer. They develop, manufacture and commercialise unique cell analysers for In-Process control that serve the bioprocessing market in key applications in cell & gene therapies and vaccines. They serve customers around the globe with a strong concentration in the US including big pharma and biotech companies.
Their iLine F PRO microscope is used as an on-line cell analyser and Process Analytical Tool for (A) real-time monitoring of cell growth and behaviour in cell-based products and, (B) creating a process where dynamic information on cell count, viability, and morphology is used to optimise culture performance, time-to-harvest and time-to-feed.
Based on their quantitative label-free images, they use the dimension reduction algorithms for the detection of specific cell morphology patterns and build up customised cell line algorithms applied for in-process control to ensure process consistency and reliability. From Research & Innovation to Manufacturing/Commercial Ovizio provides insightful information to streamline and create a robust cell manufacturing workflow.
As CCO within Ovizio Imaging Systems, you will focus on a creative approach to business development activities. You will build partnerships in the Life science industry, and make a strategic roadmap that includes unique sales models. Within this position, you will have direct reports in Europe and the USA. You will lead and scale this commercial team to execute end-to-end sales. You will define commercial objectives and drive the team to achieve short and long term targets.
Your role and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide clear, strategic and operational direction to various disciplines (field sales, business development, marketing, branding & communication);
- Develop new frameworks for partnerships with Key Accounts or Key Opinion Leaders for business development opportunities;
- Act as a coach and mentor to guide the commercial team through rapid change cycles with a focus on delivering results and creating added value;
- As a member of the company’s management, you will also attend management meetings and make presentations to the board of directors.
The organisation is looking for an energetic and ambitious person that has:
- Education in Business or Science (e.g., Biology or Bioengineering);
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading Sales & Marketing positions, including in the Life-Science Instrumentation business;
- Strong ability to understand and translate client needs into opportunities;
- Ideally a strong understanding of the Cell & Gene therapy industry.
Besides a unique chance in a growing start-up, the organisation is offering the following:
- A highly competitive salary, depending on your experience and skills;
- Attractive bonus scheme;
- Equity ruling;
- Well-arranged pension;
- Corporate car.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Kevin le Noble
Senior Consultant | Medical Technology & Diagnostics
+31 6 82 40 35 19
+31 23 754 86 60