Vacancy Data Scientist – Ghent
By exploiting ground-breaking photonics technology, this high-tech Medical Devices scale-up has developed an Active Implantable Medical Device (AIMD) that can address the patient’s need for accurate monitoring with an improved user experience and they’re currently looking for a Data Scientist. The organisation’s mission is to light up the life of millions of people and their families through innovative medical technologies. As the device has not been introduced to the market yet, and the first-in-human clinical research studies are being started, the Data Scientist will have a crucial role in the efficiency of the data and the further developments of the bio-sensor.
As Data Scientist, you will be working on mathematically identifying the dynamic behaviour of biological systems. Besides that you develop mathematical engineering tools and numerical algorithms, using algebra, statistics, optimisation, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Besides that, your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Bio-system data Analysis
- Statistical modelling
- Supervised learning: decision trees, logistic regression, classification
- Unsupervised learning: clustering, dimensionality reduction
About you; we are looking for an inspiring person, who is eager to learn and likes the dynamic of a growing start-up.
In addition to that, the following things can make you their ideal candidate:
- Science/ Mathematics/ Engineering degree related to (biomedical) engineering and/or data modelling and/or signal processing
- In-depth knowledge in the modelling of dynamical systems
- In-depth knowledge of (non-)linear signal processing
- 3 – 4 year relevant experience in a similar function
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques
- Good communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of written and spoken English – working language is English
Nice to have:
- Experience in data-driven modelling and machine learning is a plus
- Experience with (Near-Infrared) spectroscopy is a plus
- Experience with chemometrics is a plus
- Familiarity with neural network and deep learning modelling is a plus
The organisation can offer you the following:
- Salary between €4,000.- and €7,000.- per month (this range is flexible, salary will depend on experience etc.)
- A chance to develop yourself in a fast-growing organisation
- Working with groundbreaking technology and inspiring top-notch engineers & scientists
- Pension plan
- Paid travel expenses
If you are interested in this unique job, please feel free to contact me directly.
Kevin le Noble
Consultant | Medical Technology & Diagnostics