Vacancy Embedded Software Engineer – Ghent
By exploiting ground-breaking photonics technology, this high-tech Medical Devices scale-up has developed an Active Implantable Medical Device (AIMD) that can address the patient’s need for accurate monitoring with an improved user experience and is currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. The organisation’s mission is to light up the life of millions of people and their families through innovative medical technologies. As the device has not been introduced to the market yet, and the first-in-human clinical research studies are being started, the Embedded Software Engineer will have a crucial role in the software innovations and the further developments of the bio-sensor.
The Embedded Software Engineer develops, evaluates, and maintains embedded code solutions for the bio-sensor and related devices. Besides that, you establish and expand automated workflows with a focus on reproducibility, code coverage, unit testing, and integration testing. You will work in a medical device setting following the applicable standards (ISO13485, IEC 62304, …). Within this industry clear code, focus on testability and use good coding practices are very crucial.
About you; The organisation is looking for an inspiring person, who is eager to learn and likes the dynamic of a growing start-up.
In addition to that, the following things can make you their ideal candidate:
- Master degree in software, computer science, engineering or relevant field or equivalent through experience
- Experience in software development and embedded coding: embedded C, ARM GCC toolchains, debugging tools
- Experience with hardware measurement equipment (logic analyser, oscilloscope, …)
- Knowledge of Nordic uC family and BLE development is considered a plus
- Experience with the following tools: GIT, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, etc…
- Have a strong affinity for Python
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing,
- Pragmatic, confident, hands-on with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude
- The ability to write clear and comprehensive technical reports and documentation is a plus
The organisation can offer you the following:
- Salary between €3,000,- and €6,000,- per month (this range is flexible, salary will depend on experience etc.)
- A chance to develop yourself in a fast-growing organisation
- Working with groundbreaking technology and inspiring top-notch engineers & scientists
- Pension plan
- Paid travel expenses
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Kevin le Noble
Consultant | Medical Technology & Diagnostics
+31 6 82 40 35 19
+31 23 754 86 60