Vacancy Engineering Manager – Leiden
21 JUL ’22: For a worldwide market leader in the Medical Devices industry, we have an exciting position available as Engineering Manager. The organisation is well known for developing and manufacturing, innovative science-based products for surgical and non-surgical medical procedures.
The Engineering Manager provides leadership and direction for engineering resources and activities, collaborates with manufacturing and quality in the identification, definition, and execution of projects, and delivers technical requirements for the launch of products as well as ongoing improvement of the product’s supply chain. In this highly regulated manufacturing site of 150+ FTE, you will provide strategic and operational excellence.
Other duties include:
- Leads engineering activities to meet plant objectives;
- Facilitates resolution of complex technical and operational problems;
- Reviews and approves technical documentation to verify compliance with technical specifications and standards;
- Communicates with internal (manufacturing, quality, engineering, …) and external partners to coordinate and execute project plans;
- Establishes and monitors the capital and appropriation expense plan;
- Drives excellence in project management and delivers operationally robust solutions (meeting agreed capability and operational targets) to agreed costs and timescales and in conformance with all compliance and safety standards, policies and regulations.
Preferably, you are a person with 10+ years experience in operations or engineering. Someone with a track record in excellent leadership, development, and collaboration skills.
Besides that we focus on the following qualifications:
- Technical degree preferably in manufacturing or engineering disciplines;
- Solid understanding of Quality and Safety Regulations, Operations Management;
- Fluency in English (Dutch language is a distinct advantage);
- Validated knowledge of manufacturing principles and practices, and procedures;
- Ability to build strong working partnerships, trust, and credibility at all levels;
- Lean, Agile and six sigma certification(s) preferred.
The successful professional will drive manufacturing innovation, flexibility and reliability and have the opportunity to impact the future of this fast-growing business.
Besides that the company can offer you the following benefits:
- A highly competitive salary based on experience and skills (€90,000 – 140,000);
- 30 holidays;
- Good pension scheme;
- Additional bonuses.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Kevin le Noble
Consultant | DigitalHealth & Medical Technology
+31 6 82 40 35 19
+31 6 82 40 35 19