Vacancy Field Service Engineer – Brussels
23 NOV ’21: An exciting opportunity as Field Service Engineer for an organisation specialised in IVD diagnostics. This is a permanent opportunity for the organisation located in Mechelen, Belgium, initially managing all European territory.
This organisation is an early-stage IVD diagnostics company building the infrastructure to field and support transforming products in the clinical microbiology market in the coming months. This organisation is looking for an ambitious, driven, relationship-focused and experienced professional that will work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Required attributes include relevant experience, a positive attitude and flexibility to handle typical growing pains of a fast-growing early-phase start-up company.
Nature and Scope of Work:
This Field Service Engineer role will be responsible for keeping the medical device instruments operational in the field on client sites across Europe. Primary responsibilities will be to install, repair and maintain the equipment and instrumentation in the field, reporting directly to the EU Regional leader (VP of business Development) and functionally reporting into the Director of Technical Support and Training. Other duties of the field service representative include troubleshooting the equipment, advising the customer on how to use and maintain the equipment, managing service contracts, building relationships with customers and following company SOPs.
This role requires the ability to travel extensively throughout territory across Europe, including international travel for service, maintenance, and/or installation. The timing of an 8-hour workday can fluctuate as needed based on required customers and business needs. Note that the organisation reserves the right at any time to redistribute geographic coverage as we grow and develop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver onsite customer facing and remote support to diagnose and autonomously repair instruments in a laboratory environment
- Ability to prepare samples for instrument testing as required, basic laboratory skills are essential
- Collaborate with internal teams and share information across the organisation to build positive relationships with customers and internal teams
- Support the Clinical applications support teams both remotely and onsite to ensure successful resolution of complex customer situations and issues
- Creation of detailed technical paperwork and support documents
- Timely submission of service reports to clients, accurate data entry into CRM software, monthly expenses
- Management of personal inventory/trunk stock for successful repairs, field support and cost management
The ideal candidate profile looks the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to communicate complex technical issues.
- Other European languages as French, German, Spanish and Dutch are a plus, not a must.
- Basic laboratory skills, including experience in BSL2 and BSL3 labs
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel and Word)
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs (~25kgs)
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally extensively as needed
Technical degree or certification in electronics and mechanics (Minimum Bachelor level optimal Master degree or equivalent by experience)
In return this organisation can offer the following:
- 20 holidays plus 12 ADV days
- a competitive gross salary
- lease car with fuel card
- iPhone, laptop and computer
- expenses covered
For more information on the jobs and its benefits, please feel free to contact me directly.
Associate | Medical Devices
Mob: +31 6 12 43 13 59