Vacancy HR Manager – Apeldoorn
16 JUN ’22: For an international developer, producer, and supplier of high-quality optic products, we are looking for an HR Manager. In half a century, this company has grown from a local player into an internationally operating organisation with a market share in 100 countries. This position as HR Manager, is based in a fast-paced environment and will support employees within the commercial and manufacturing area of the organisation, with expertise across a wide range of disciplines and activities.
These employees will be based on premises and remotely (also internationally) and will range from country leaders, line managers and employees at all levels. The HR Manager will be empowered to work with their business unit and to have an active part to make a difference to the organisation’s success.
The HR Manager contributes as a member of the local management team, providing proactive, value adding, strategically aligned partnering and guidance to the (Senior) Managers of their business areas for the development and the delivery of people strategies, in line with the business VMOST objectives. The HR manager will work directly with business leaders in their areas with the aim of attracting, developing, engaging and retaining strong teams capable of delivering business performance. They will be an active change agent with the delivery and implementation of any organisational transformation work, while ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation and company policies.
The jobholder will participate in the implementation and continued improvement of all global and regional HR initiatives, taking a strategic lead on specific projects as well as the development and production of regional people data metrics and analytics.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
- Introduce and where appropriate adapt HR policies and initiatives based upon best practice to ensure local effectiveness and legal compliance for all the assigned areas.
- Support and implement development and training solutions to retain and develop internal talent.
- Ensure talent resourcing plans are met and interviewing managers are equipped with the necessary skills.
- Work collaboratively with Occupational Health (external contractor) by ensuring that appropriate policies and practices and measures in in pace to control absence and address long and short-term absences in the most appropriate way.
- Work collaboratively with the Reward team to ensure all reward and benefits processes are effectively managed and integrated into the global reward framework (including benchmarking, merit and incentive schemes, benefit contract renewals)
- Work with Finance team members plus external counsel to ensure that local working practices are legally compliant, consistent, regularly updated and aligned to company values
- Produce compliant correspondence, on behalf of managers, relating to all areas of Human Resources (e.g. flexible working requests, grievance and disciplinary responses)
- Recommend and implement processes that aid the communication and dissemination of the Corporate vision and values.
- Help drive employee engagement by assessing performance within their allocated areas against the requirements of the business and facilitating action items to improve engagement levels.
- Manage 1-2 individuals within the HR Team.
Ideally the candidate for this position has excellent MS Office skills including Teams, Powerpoint and Outlook. If you have worked with the HR information system Oracle HCM that would be a plus. This is a people focused role, so being able to build and develop relationships with stakeholders is necessary.
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of Dutch employment law
- Able to develop and implement an HR strategy aligned with the business and internal HR guidelines.
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Able to work under pressure but work independently
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude with the ability to respond positively to change
- Excellent spoken and written in Dutch and English communication, additional languages an advantage
- Extensive relevant HR experience including coaching and developing managers in a range of people management activities
- Relevant experience in coaching and managing teams
- Proven experience of participating or leading HR projects / Change projects
- Excellent coaching, influencing and relationship management skills within a management population.
- Previous competent Advisor level HR experience (or equivalent).
- Handling high volume and complex strategic projects
- Experience gained in a Global/US matrix managed business is high desirable
- Some Commercial experience gained outside of an HR role if preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
The company could offer you the following:
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Annual 10% Bonus
- A good pension plan
- 30 holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Predominantly office working environment with pre-approved working from home arrangements.
- Prolonged use of a PC, laptops, display screens and mobile phone
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Associate | Medical Devices
+31 6 12 43 13 59