Vacancy Product Development Specialist – Amsterdam
For a leading expert in self-care Medical Devices that designs, develops and manufactures innovative self-care products for global Pharmaceutical companies, we are looking for a Product Development Specialist. Working on their products empowers users across five continents to take control of their health without medical intervention.
As a Product Development Specialist, your primary activities include driving the product development process from ideation to commercialisation. This entails new product and Active Medical Ingredient development, formulating, testing, analysis and writing required reports. All this within the frameworks of medical devices regulation. You keep close contact with important stakeholders both internally (R&D, regulatory, sales and marketing) and externally (contract manufacturers, laboratories, etc.) and manage the operation. Key for this position is to manage product development projects, focusing on formulation activities pertinent to a project in order to successfully develop new products with robust and reliable formulations and manufacturing processes.
Furthermore you can expect to:
- Translate innovative product ideas in creative dosage forms and formulations.
- Perform and oversee chemical/physical analysis of formulations like pH, density, viscosity, titration measurements.
- Manage and perform short-term and long-term stability studies according to ICH guidelines.
- Prepare reports, product specifications and other documentation that must comply with the Medical Device Regulation in order to obtain CE registration.
- Select and coordinate external partners for development and analysis and make sure project milestones and timelines are reached.
The ideal candidate has:
- Master’s degree in life sciences / medical field
- At least 5 years experience in R&D and formulations
- Experience in product formulation and analysis in medical devices, pharma or cosmetics
- Comprehension of medical device regulation
- Hands-on laboratory formulation experience
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines for stability testing
- Proactive personality
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Creativity in identifying opportunities
The company offers:
- A market competitive salary in line with your experience
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Jamie van den Ban
+31(0)6-82 66 54 05
+31(0)23-754 86 60