Vacancy VP Business Development – Utrecht
19 MAY ’22: For one of the most promising start-ups in The Netherlands in Diagnostics, we are looking for a VP of Business Development. The organisation is in the last stage of developing a new biosensor technology, a photonic biosensor. With their proven technology, the organisation will impact the detection of conditions like cancer and cardiovascular and infectious diseases.
Current PoC applications are limited to simple assays and with their product, it has the potential to have PoC applications that can detect early cancer and provide more accurate monitoring. This means there needs to be a strong collaboration with an existing diagnostic organisation where you act as an attorney for licenses and other partnerships. As VP of Business Development, you will develop, lead, and execute the commercial strategy of the organisation. This involves:
- mapping out all potential applications of the products;
- building relations with potential partners and clients;
- concept selling.
Your track record:
- Commercial experience in a start-up/scale-up;
- Strong background and network in the Medtech or Biotech industry;
- Experience in building partnerships and relations and a client portfolio;
- Strong people management skills and the ability to build a team;
- Entrepreneurial, strategic mindset and a hands-on mentality;
- Able to be in the office twice a week.
You will become the VP of Business Development of a new innovative organisation. Furthermore:
- You will be setting up the foundation for an organisation that is going to change the PoC diagnostic process
- It is your task as VP to create a strong commercial strategy, so you get the opportunity to build up from scratch which leads to interesting opportunities
- Competitive salary with a significant equity package
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate | Medical Devices
+31 6 82 10 07 58
+31 6 82 10 07 58